Sunday, October 25, 2009

The moon...
These are the first shots of the Moon, with the K10 and my Soligor 60-300mm C/D 1:4-5.6 manual lens, these images are 100% cropped from the original with ~ 30% sharpening.
My biggest problem was of course, camera shaking (SR off when, shooting from tripod), at 300 mm it was very obvious that it won't be an easy shot, even with a tripod was very hard, even the mirror shaked the camera, I need to purchase a wireless remote control, to shoot without problem or a more robust tripod :)
This first image was taken from my tripod, at 300mm, f/4, Shutter speed 1/90, ISO-100.
The second image was taken without a tripod, but the camera was steadily fixed, at 300mm, f/8, Shutter speed 1/125 sec., ISO-400, shake reduction (SR) - ON
Over all, I like this lens, I like the quality of the images, it is not bad for a 15+ year old manual lens, but I'm confident that with a remote control the quality will be better. And now I'm thinking about a 2X teleconverter...

No comments: